Ancient Etruscan village, Castiglioncello dominates a small promontory which is the last offshoot of the Livorno mountains. Tourist resort of international prestige, by some nicely renamed "pearl of the Tyrrhenian Sea", Castiglioncello has a persistent charm. Red cliffs overlooking the sea, sheltered bays, beaches and coves bathed in clear water, a beautiful pine forest capable of inspiring artists, painters, writers and poets, Castiglioncello knows how to welcome those who visit it.
The position between the sea and the green hills makes Guardistallo the ideal place for a holiday that alternates the relaxation of the hill with the panache of the nearby beaches. The village is located on a soft hill to which it also owes its name, attested for the first time in 1144 and which is supposed to derive from the Germanic words warda ("guard") and stall ("place"), perfectly cut for this small "place of guard". Born as a Lombard castle, after the dissolution of the fiefdoms and the redistribution of the lands of the Leopoldine agrarian reform (18th century), Guardistallo experienced its golden moment thanks to the advent of a new class of wealthy landowners.